Friday, February 12, 2010

Primal Trail Mix *Thanks Kyla







The Mix:
1/2 Cup of the following: Almonds, Walnuts, Peanuts, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds

1/4 Cup dried cranberries and dried apricots

1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil *not pictured because I forgot. Just imagine

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 Tablespoon *Thank you Sherry* Vanilla

1/4 Cup honey



So get your nuts (set the sunflower and pumpkin seed aside for now) and chop them up till they are all about the same size. I decided to put mine in the chopper because I thought it was brilliant. It might have been if you enjoy eating trail mix with a spoon. If you don't I suggest roughly chopping them with a knife.


Mix the nuts, now the seeds, coconut oil, spices and half the salt until combined and spread out on a cookie sheet. Toast at 350 up to 5 minutes being careful not to burn. Remove and let cool.


Drizzle with honey (Central Market sells local honey) and remaining salt and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes.



Remove and add in fruit.


Store in airtight bags/containers/tubs. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter