
You need:
1/2 Cup Oat Bran
1/2 Cup Flax seed
1 Cup of Flour
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon B. Powder
1 teaspoon B. Soda
1 Cup Apples - peeled and grated
1/2 Cup Walnuts
1/4 Cup of oil
1 Egg
Mix together the dry ingredients, leaving a well in the center.
Mix the sugar (okay, I used sugar in the raw because I had it and I like it for baking. I try to stay away from bleached when I can) egg and oil.
Add the apples in last. As you can tell, I grated my apples before I started, thus turning them a little brown. No harm just didn't take a very pretty picture.
Combine wet and dry with a mixer, careful not to over mix. Your batter should be lumpy. Fold in walnuts by hand.Bake at 350 until done. I used mini muffin pans and baked for about 20 minutes. For a loaf pan, I think you'd be good at about 45 minutes. I must say, they turned out even better than I had hoped and by using a cup flour, lighter than my last batch. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment